Monday, September 12, 2005

Good Christian Service


Being the sports enthusiast that I am - generally I am up for a good game. Saturday was by far the worst game of phone tag I have ever played.
I coordinate the music for my church on Sundays and had asked a friend almost a month ago to perform in Church. He is part of a band and wanted to include his bandmates which was fabulous. Then the miscommunication started...I thought they were going to sing and he thought I was going to round up some members to sing. Needless to say, trying to put a group of singers together with 48 hours notice is not easy - especially if I am at the US Open all day on Saturday. I played phone tag with the guitarists and singers for over 4 hours trying to coordinate a practice schedule and determine if this song could be performed with 1 hour of practice the day of.
Luckily, the most generous people I know accepted the challenge of singing and the performance sounded like they had rehearsed for weeks. I guess that is a showcase of true talent.

No comments: