Friday, March 23, 2007

Another Great Debate

Last night I had dinner with the soon-to-be Mrs. Breezy as well as her boss and friend. We went to Max Brenner's Chocolate by the Bald Man in Union Square. The food was good and company excellent. One of Mrs. Breezy's friends is heading to Europe for his first excursion and asked me which city he should grace with his presence - Budapest or Prague. I was at a lost for words because I loved and adored both cities but for vastly different reasons. This question triggered a great debate in my mind of where to send this Europe-virgin.


BUDAPEST




The city had gorgeous architecture, savory food and plenty of personality. It was also very affordable to the traveler. My favorite thing about Budapest was walking across the chain bridge and taking a Segway tour of the city.



PRAGUE



The Paris of the East certainly lived up to its name and became a mecca for garnets, amber and amazing crystal. All of our meals were amazing and the view from Petrin Hill was breathtaking especially at dusk. Bridges, spires, and cobblestone streets make this a "must" on any Europe excursion.



Loving these cities equally but for different reasons made it difficult to choose one to tell my new Dr. friend which one to add to his itinerary. I did ultimately advise him of which one I would return to sooner than the other. But I'm going to keep my selection to myself.

Anyone who has been to both cities please weigh in on your favorite.

2 comments:

Donetta said...

Well. here's my vote. If I had to go tomorrow....I would go to Prague first. I loved Budapest too, but I would love to see what the city looks like in 5 years. The city just has the feel of a city on the cusp of greatness.

Doc said...

I say Budapest, because it hasn't gotten to touristy yet, it's still raw. Prague will always be Prague, but Budapest is going to get kitschy soon. It will always be beautiful too, but you can see it now, in a way that it won't exist in soon.