Thursday, August 02, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me

Happy Birthday to me on July 31st! I'm obsessed with my birthdays primarily because it is the one day where I can garner all the attention. I'm even okay with the fact that I share my July 31st birthday with my Aunt Janet and nephew Jimmy. It is fun to buy a card for family members that I know are blowing out candles the same day I am.

This year's celebration was somewhat low-key on Tuesday. As in years past, I made cupcakes to share with the co-workers. Jersey Girl and I had some good eats for lunch and she even bought me a birthday cookie. That night I got home and made some homemade manicotti for dinner before Netter, NicolEEE and Steph came over to read cheesy Teeny Bopper magazines provided by Netter. They sang to me and allowed me to blow out some candles on left over cupcakes. It was a good time.

The highlight was probably realizing that I have to will power to wait about 6 hours after receiving a gift before opening it. I couldn't have done that last year. Thanks to my Joani for allowing me to develop this new talent. "You light up my life."

No comments: