Tuesday, December 18, 2007

An Adult Perspective

As a kid I looked forward to Christmas with immense anticipation and glee. As an adult the level of my excitement about Christmas hasn't changed but the motivation has. Instead of looking forward to the gifts I would find under the tree, as a 29 year old I now look forward to sleeping in until noon rather than opening presents. The shopping crowds at the mall used to be so fascinating, now the milling tourists just get on my nerves.

Thankfully the purpose for Christmas will remain eternally the same. I still love to read the Nativity Story and sing songs around the piano with the Moocher, Joani and the Hoodlums (collectively known as my brothers). Christmas will always be eagerly anticipated regardless of my favorite parts.

2 comments:

Connie said...

Hey Melanie. I love your blog. I have just started a blog so check it out if you want. www.kyleandconnie.blogspot.com

Donetta said...

noon? Not chez Allen...