Friday, December 28, 2007

Love of Live Music

I am fully addicted to the live music. The month of December has fed the madness. I was able to attend not one, not two, but three live musical events. The first of course was Jimmy Eat World in Florida. Great show and fun to be in warmth again.

The second was a spur of the moment ticket to Z100's Jingle Ball with Netter. She got some free tickets and there were some decent performers so I decided to tag along. By far my favorites were Avril Lavigne, Alicia Keys & One Republic. It was fun to let loose after a long week at work.


The third musical event has become my holiday tradition of attending the NY Pops Holiday Concert at Carnegie Hall. This year we even splurged for the $40 seats in the Dress Circle. Oh yeah! Netter & Dancing Queen came with me to enjoy the stylings of the Pops. Unlike past years there was some drama when a woman in the choir FAINTED during a song. Luckily she recovered and continued on. They did some fun arrangements led by conductor Doc Severinsen, in all of his red leather glory.


Living in New York has given me the chance to truly feed my musical cravings whether at a large venue (Madison Square Garden) or a small gathering at a bar downtown. I will continue to enjoy musical stylings throughout 2008 starting with Matchbox Twenty. Woo hoo!

No comments: