Thursday, November 20, 2008

Primary Life

about two months ago i was asked to serve in the primary presidency of my ward. honestly i have never been in a presidency so my thought was that it couldn't be that difficult. i was wrong and i was right about that statement.

i am the secretary which means i'm the implementer. this role is perfect for me because i like to plan and then watch projects materialize and be completed. who knew that so much was necessary to implement though. of course it didn't help that they made the presidency change three weeks before the primary program. oh good times.

one thing i will say is that my Sunday meetings fly by. no more checking the watch for ticks that will take me closer to noon. instead i barely have a breath to sit and reflect on the wonderful spirits there are in the primary room.

its the meetings i'm not a fan of. i have a whole new perspectivie for my religious leaders because their meetings start much earlier and more frequently than mine do. no more complaints out of me.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

That is my all-time favorite calling. Very busy. Non-stop. You get to hear those sweet and funny comments from the little ones without having to be directly responsible for them. No lesson to prepare.

Connie said...

I am the 2 counsellor in primary and I absolutely love it. I was the secretary a few years back and loved that too. You can't go wrong being with those kids. It's amazing what they know and understand. It's hard to believe that they are the future leaders. We got put in last year a month before the program and the old presidency had not even written it yet so I feel your pain. Good luck and enjoy those kids.

PinkyMcG said...

on Sunday, an 8 year old girl was asked during Sharing Time why she was grateful for her mouth. her response "because i can take the sacrament with it." honestly my heart melted at that point and i realized these kids are truly amazing. thanks for the confirmation that you both made it through just fine. :)