Wednesday, October 21, 2009

a little something about football pools

every year my office runs a football pool for the NFL regular season. in 2006 i won a week and came in second for the season...pocketing about $360. woot woot!

the past three years i've opted to run the pool so that i can still play but not pay the $100 entry fee. haven't won anything since that glorious 2006 season...that all changed this past week! i won week 6 (aka the week of upsets)! that's $148 in my little pocket.

my strategy has nothing to do with who the better team is or the road/home team...no my proven theory is to choose the city that is closest to "a" in the alphabet. this helped me to get the point for oakland over philadelphia, new orleans over new york jets and atlanta falcons over chicago bears. it is vital to stay committed to the process even when you know a team like green bay was going to be victorious over detroit...but detroit comes before green bay in the alphabet.

what did i spend my earned spoils on...tickets for gooch and i to the radio city christmas spectacular (@ 1/2 price of course)!

1 comment:

Donetta said...

now your secret is out!! I might have to apply that to the NCAA Basketball Tourney pool this year...Don't tell gooch!