Monday, November 16, 2009

a little something to decorate a wall

two of my bedroom walls have been bare since i moved in. it wouldn't be a big deal except for the fact that the paint is a bright yellow. about a month ago i decided that something needed to be done otherwise my eyes were going to be affected.

my new photography fascination came to the rescue. i decided to take some of my favorite shots from my world travels and convert them to black and white. i bought numerous styles and sizes of black picture frames and put them on the wall in a collage type style.

i think it came out really well and the nice thing is that i'm able to interchange the photos to keep the wall feeling vibrant and current.

here are some shots to show you the wall and it's new found black and white photo collage glory.



a very big thank you to my brother flex for graciously permitting me to use his shots of monument valley, SLC temple and arches national park

2 comments:

Aly said...

Your pictures look awesome Melanie! You've got quite the eye for decorating.

Aly said...

I'm also proud and happy I've been able to share a few of those destinations with you, love ya sister!!