Friday, June 17, 2011

deep end of honesty

this post marks my 82nd for the year.  the exact same amount of total blog posts for 2010.  i'm on a blog roll (get it...ha ha).  so here goes my 82nd post...

while at dinner with texas spencer and his EY colleague at the scrumptious John's Pizzaria he mentioned he enjoyed a blog written by the wife of a friend because it was "real" and she was "honest".  his statement made me reflect on if my blog posts showcase my "real" emotions, activities, thoughts and impressions as well as if i fully dive into the deep end of honesty or just wade in up to my knees.  after much internal reflection i decided that i am "real" and honest on this blog but at the same time choosy when it comes to what i write about and send into the world of cyberspace where my mother's eyes can view it.  i think my personal reflection result means that i'm a pretty positive person and grateful for my blessings.  but don't get me started on the topics of tourists in the city, when someone doesn't do what i want them to do, walking slowly, disorganization, chewing with your mouth open, not being ready to order your food when you reach the register or an attitude of entitlement and condescension. 

this blog isn't really meant to be my personal journal where i can practice signing my name with the last name of my current crush - i think Pinky Reynolds has a nice ring to it (i'm looking at you Mr. Ryan Reynolds).  instead it is to give friends and family a bird's eye view into my travels, adventures, thoughts, things that make me laugh and decisions i'm making.  i hope you'll continue to join me as i highlight moments, activities, thoughts and impressions of my long term relationship with new york city.

1 comment:

Spencer said...

You forgot to mention that I said she was CRAZY!!! That's half the fun of reading her posts.