Thursday, June 02, 2011

summer "to do" list

we are in the sixth month of the year 2011.  how did that happen?  i think my trip a month plan has contributed to time flying by with the greatest of ease. 

summers in the city are always full of gleeful activities and attractions.  have begun to contemplate my "to do" summer list.  always try to jot some things down that i've wanted to do in the city but just haven't gotten around to in last 8 summers so decided that this is the year!  and some things are just so much fun that you have to do them every summer; example = US Open

my 2011 "to do" summer list (in no apparent order):
1.  see Lion King on Broadway
2.  enjoy Shakespeare in the Park - preferably all's well that ends well
3.  attend Museum Mile Festival on Tuesday, June 14th (museums along Museum Mile are open late and free with cool street artists, musicians, etc all along fifth avenue)
4.  play tennis in Central Park
5.  finish my photography course with my final photo being a night shot of the Brooklyn Bridge
6.  attend Super Saturday Men's Semifinal matches of the US Open
7.  get a spa pedicure with extra massage once a month
8.  eat at Grimaldi's in Brooklyn at least once then take a ride on the water taxi
9.  celebrate my birthday with something fabulous!
10.  grab a group to enjoy philharmonic and opera in the park
11.  rent a bike to ride the trails of Central Park
12.  dip my feet in the water of the Atlantic Ocean
13.  see the Alexander McQueen exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art
14.  begin my weekly Wednesday Rock Band open house for friends
15.  enjoy a performance of Broadway in Bryant Park for lunch on a Thursday

that is my list as it stands right now.  any and all are welcome to join me on the above.  here's to another great summer in the city.

No comments: