Sunday, May 06, 2012

a night to be 15 years old again

there are only a few albums that i sincerely love from start to finish.  the first one that i can remember is "no need to argue" by the cranberries.  i bought that CD from a music store at paseo nuevo in santa barbara, california with money from my 15th birthday.  i enjoyed the cranberries subsequent albums but i never saw them in person and they broke up in the late 90s so my chances of rocking out to live performances of ode to my family, no need to argue, you and me just weren't going to happen.  until...

...i got an email from my buddy, ticketmaster, to let me know that the cranberries were back with a new album AND coming to a concert venue near me!  i immediately sent at email to my same general age as me friends inviting them to enjoy the fun of the cranberries.  we bought our tickets and headed to the venue on friday, may 4th.  

the concert was so much fun!  being there reminded me of my 15 year old self rocking out in my bedroom to music.   maybe that is the reason i love concerts so much...because i generally love the emotional response and the chance to remember the fun and joy the music produced.  so thank you the cranberries for a great night of music, fun, emotion and remembering how great it was to be 15 years old.



No comments: