Friday, June 08, 2012

might be time for professional help

my addiction is in full force and it might be time to seek professional help.  this week i bought tickets to five events.  bought tickets to three events on the same day within about 2 hours of each other.  even voluntarily went to two theaters in times square.  (if you are new to my blog - i detest and loathe times square above almost all locales in nyc)  what is happening?  i have no self control.  netter now affectionately refers to me as her "ticket broker".

don't believe me that i have an addiction?  let me spell out what events i have tickets for and when they occur.  the following is in chronological order.

monday, june 11th - ed sheeran @ bowery ballroom
friday, june 16th - keane @ beacon theater
wednesday, june 20th - peter and the starcatcher @ brooks atkinson theater
tuesday, july 31st - newsies @ nederlander theater (this is my birthday so is a total freebie from my addiction diagnosis)
saturday, september 8th - us open for men's semifinal action
friday, september 21st - ed sheeran @ terminal 5
saturday, october 26th - alfie boe @ berkeley center in BOSTON!

i also have my eye on some new york pops concert tickets and want to see a bunch of plays on broadway before they close like other desert cities.  

this wouldn't be such a huge problem if i didn't also love to travel and have recently bought a plane ticket with my family to florida and am plotting my vacation to spain in november.  the combo of tickets to shows/concert and tickets to travel is why i still eat kraft macaroni and cheese every sunday and had left over papa john's pizza for lunch EVERY day this week.

i have started the process of researching a good therapist to help me get to the root of this addiction.  will gladly take recommendations.  you can even provide them anonymously.  i won't judge.

3 comments:

Laura said...

the real travesty here is that you live in NYC and are eating Papa John's Pizza! What's that about????

PinkyMcG said...

I agree about the travesty of my Papa Johns pizza eating. Only one explanation to offer...I had a coupon. Saving money on food means more dollars to fund my addiction. ;)

Netter said...

I'm stil kind of upset about those folks at the Keane concert who gave us dirty looks for standing and dancing during the show. What's up with that?