Monday, December 04, 2006

A Night with the Goos

One amazing thing about living in New York is the availability of seeing some amazing live shows at fantastic venues. This past Saturday night was a night I have waited a long time to enjoy. I spent the evening with Claire listening to the melodious rock anthems of the Goo Goo Dolls. I have been a fan of this band since high school when they broke out with the hugely popular Name. I bought the tickets about 3 months ago and it has been a long time waitin'.

The Goos put on a fantastic show and played quite a few of their 'older' hits like Iris, Black Balloon, Dizzy, Broadway and then a few of their new tunes from Let Love In. The lighting was not over the top and the sound was really clear. Love me some Johnny Reznick. If only he was about 6 inches taller but I could overlook that important fact since he is a now sober rock 'n roll guitar playing demi-god.


No comments: