Friday, April 13, 2007

My Search for the Americone Dream

Ben & Jerry have made my little heart flutter. Not only do they make excellently smooth and creamy ice cream but now they have devoted an entire flavor to one of the funniest and truthiest guys around, Stephen Colbert. They named the flavor Stephen Colbert's Americone Dream and it is filled with chocolate covered waffle bits and caramel. Be still my beating heart!

The announcement about this new ice cream goodness was made some time ago; yet, I have not seen a glorious pint in the flesh! I have it confirmed by my good friend Shopping Queen that they exist in the world; but have yet to wrap my hands around the cold cardboard container with Stephen's face on it. Luckily the people who run the website for Ben & Jerry have a trusty tool called the "flavor locator" that allows you to locate a flavor via zip code. I tried this life saving tool and came to find out that there is no store within the five boroughs of New York that have this flavor in their freezer stock. I even looked for my friend Claire in Connecticut and they don't have it within a 50 mile radius of her home. Why are Ben & Jerry trying to punish the Eastern Seaboard? Those who live in the West seemed to find it in ample supply. Why can't I get some when the big Ben & Jerry factory is in VERMONT?!?

I asked my friends and neighbors to join me in a crusade to receive this Americone treat in our homes on the East. The punishment must end as we did nothing to deserve it but take our unsuspecting tourist friends on a 5 hour car trip to Burlington, Vermont just so they can watch a movie about the birth of the great ice cream empire known as Ben & Jerry's.

2 comments:

Twinkie said...

i am so sorry that you still can't find the americone dream.....i am sitting here in utah tasting the flavor of truth!

Doc said...

I have eaten the dream, and it's great, but you should also try Willie Nelson's Peach cobbler. It's my favorite ice cream ever!!