Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Back in the Waldorf Nest

Our embattled leader, George W. Bush has flown back to the Waldorf Astoria nest. Luckily it has been a good six months since his last visit. Those months off have allowed me to be less annoyed, resentful and irritated by the current barricades, guard dogs, passive cops chatting and change to my commuting course. Luckily this visit is extremely short. I believe the eagle leaves after one short nignt in the Waldorf nest. Thankfully he didn't bring a couple hundred U.N. leaders and dignitaries with him this time.

In all honesty, this latest visit will prompt me to walk home today to enjoy the warm sunshine and spring flowers along Park Avenue.

3 comments:

Donetta said...

I walked home last night ..it's quite a nice walk right now with the blooming flowers :). Enjoy it!

Twinkie said...

I walked from the parking lot into a restaurant for lunch today. I think I walked a total of 20 steps. My colleagues were complaining that we didn't park close enough.

PinkyMcG said...

I must admit I didn't walk home last night. Had a box full of Mets tickets so opted for the bus instead.