Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Light at the Tunnel's End

My head is somewhat spinning right now. I am in charge of a 40 person office move this weekend. I have done an office move before but that was for only 4 people. Big, huge difference between 4 and 40 people. Right now I'm glad that this function is my only function...I don't have to put together computers, test phones, run A/V equipment, etc. Give me boxes, labels and tags and I can move stuff.

Since my life has been effectively consumed by the tasks of the move I haven't had really any time to enjoy "life" outside of work (except for Persuasion on Masterpiece Theater). I have desperately been searching for my light at the end of the tunnel. Last night I saw a glimmer beckoning from amidst the darkness of my responsiblity.

The men of Lifehouse are coming to Roseland Ballroom in April! Hooray! I needed something to get excited about in the near future since Hawaii is still months and months away. So my light at the tunnel's end is my Matchbox Twenty in February and Lifehouse in April. It's amazing that a good rock concert can take all the weight of work responsibility off my shoulders.

I'm glad I live in New York where the rockers come to play.

No comments: