Saturday, January 26, 2008

VH1 Remembrance

I just relived my teenage years thanks to VH1 and their 100 Greatest Songs of the 90's.  The charters were songs that I remember vividly.  Where I was, who I was with and what I was doing clearly came back to me as I listened to the songs on that countdown.  It was truly amazing to go back in time and relive certain emotions and moments of my life.   The best part was I was doing it through music videos on VH1 on a Saturday night in January.  

I bought my Alanis Jagged Little Pill CD at the Best Buy off the 101 Freeway in Tempe, Arizona; the last dance at my senior prom was Live's "Lightning Crashes"; my boy band era began with 'Nsync's "Tearing Up My Heart"; I danced with my 8th grade crush Mike Requa to Mariah Carey's "Visions of Love" and I promised God I would never ever listen to Color Me Badd's "I Wanna Sex You Up."  

Sometimes it is good to remember your life and then realize where you are now.  It often shocks me that I am the age I am and doing the things that I do in my life.  I've traveled to Europe, got my own apartment in New York, bought furniture, and realized how utterly blessed I am that I am no longer a teenager.  But thank goodness I can remember the good times because of the wonderful people at VH1.

So what was the #1 Greatest Song of the 90's...any guesses?  Here's some options:
A)  U2 "One"
B) Sir Mix-A-Lot "Baby Got Back"
C) Backstreet Boys "I Want It That Way"
D) Nirvana "Smells Like Teen Spirit"
E) Britney Spears "Hit Me Baby One More Time"


1 comment:

Connie said...

I think that they will ahve chosen nirvana but out of those options I would have chisen U2. I wish I could have seen that it would have been fun to relive those years although I agree that I would never want to be a teenager again.