Saturday, January 26, 2008

A Saturday in January

My life over the last month has been all about work.  I don't mind the work but I haven't really had a weekend to do something completely frivolous.  Today I got my day of frivolous and luckily I got the day with my friend Claire.  

This morning we had some great coffee cake for breakfast, watched some Gilmore Girls episodes, then hopped on a bus to go to Macy's in Herald Square for coat shopping.  I bought a new coat because my poor red coat has reached the end of its life.  The last straw came when I attracted paint to the bottom.  I needed a replacement because New York is cold.  Hence Anne Klein came to the rescue in the form of a black wool coat.

After Anne Klein we headed to Sam Ash music to try to achieve enough confidence to buy a guitar from really cool guitar people.  It still hasn't happened but I did venture into the store.  :)  After the attempt I dragged Claire to my office to check in on the contractors who were taking care of some punch list items.  Oh the good times I show my friends who visit me.  (hee hee)

The icing on the cake came when Claire and I ventured to Burger Heaven for some yummy goodness.  It was at this point that I realized I hadn't used my brand new camera that I LOVE LOVE LOVE.  Now through the magic of photo you are able to feel like you are with Claire and I as we stuff our faces.  (I ate the entire plate of sweet potatoe fries)



Our lovely Saturday ended with me purchasing a new DVD player and some female primping. We got manicures & pedicures before returning home for more Gilmore Girl episodes.  

Overall it was a truly delightful day to be out and about chillin' with a friend and not doing manual labor.  Hopefully tomorrow will be just as chill with time spent at Church and home napping.

No comments: