Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Doc Is In!

My favorite Doc has returned to the US after her triumphant travels in the far away lands of Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia, and Laos. Lucky for me she hopped on a flight about 48 hours from her return to come see me and Netter! I love when Doc comes to visit because it is like we were never apart plus I get to go shopping and out to eat with her.

Our time together thus far has been pretty standard with movie viewing (review to be forthcoming), eating out, lots of pinkberry consumption, talking about our hopes and dreams, planning our futures and determining which country had the hottest male athletes after the parade of nations on Friday night.

Since Saturday was truly the only day I had off to play, we took off for Central Park and then made our way with the ever efferverscent Netter to Brooklyn to try for some Grimaldi's pizza, Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory yuminess and a trek across the Brooklyn Bridge. The park was gorgeous and full of the characters I like to see while people watching. We hopped on the subway and headed across the East river to the pizza heaven. The line for Grimaldis was LONG, not just long, but L...O....N...G! No way was I waiting in the heat so instead we opted for the longer but faster moving ice cream line.

While wandering on the wharf we saw the Water Taxi. This is one thing I have never done in New York...ridden on either the Hudson or East rivers. We all thought it was about time so we booked our passage and took off on the Water Taxi. Lucky for us it was during the time frame where Olaf Erricson's Waterfalls were in full view. They were beautiful.

Ended the evening with some good eats at Blue Smoke and headed back to turn on Ed and hunker down for more Olympics viewing. Oh the life I lead. It wouldn't have been half as fun to do all these things without the company of Doc. Can't wait until she joins us in December for the 7th Annual New York Fun Day. Hooray!



One of the waterfalls under the Brooklyn Bridge

Doc & Netter so happy to be on the Water Taxi

This city is truly beautiful

The three amigas - Netter, Doc and me

1 comment:

jiners said...

Oh I miss you guys!!!