Wednesday, February 04, 2009

ode to a cupcake

i've haven't been subtle in my angst against Rockefeller Center. now i have another item to add to my list of annoyance. a magnolia bakery has opened in Rock Center! how could this be a bad thing you ask...it's a bad thing because i absolutely LOVE and ADORE cupcakes. see exhibit A...my birthday last year. netter even bought me a cupcake tree to display my cupcake baking skills. i had friends over last year after park avenue singing for...you guessed it...red velvet cupcakes. yoga master is hosting a party tomorrow night and asked me to stop by to be her official cupcake taste tester - i plan to go to her place after my gym work out! i'm a little out of control.


i wouldn't say i have any addictive vices when it comes to food. however, since jersey girl pointed out the magnolia bakery on the corner of 49th and 6th i have been a total of 9 times (out of a short duration of time); often ordering multiple cupcakes. yesterday i convinced my co-worker Mo to join me on my magnolia pilgrimage thinking that if i bring it friend then it is okay to get yet another cupcake.

please friends - i beg you to help me stop the magnolia madness. if you see me in the bakery, i give you permission to pull me out bodily kicking and screaming. also, if you're in my apartment please remove all cupcake baking items. i need your help to control the demon.

2 comments:

Scarcy Family said...

Those are beautiful. Hope they taste as good as they look. Some things that look amazing are lacking in flavor!

Susan said...

You are seriously making me hungry for yummy, yummy cupcakes. You could just mail them to me! :)