Friday, February 06, 2009

props to Doc & Richard Armitage

being the cliche female that i am...i love romantic dramas and romantic comedies (except when Meg Ryan is involved); but my most favorite is the costume period romantic dramas. BBC is the king of producing some quality adaption of classic English literature. i'm a fan of all things Jane Austen, the Bronte sisters, Henry James, Edith Wharton, etc.

one day while surfing You Tube i came across a "couples montage".  one of the movies listed was called North & South.  i thought it was the Civil War miniseries starring Patrick Swayze.  didn't give it much thought or try to track it down to view.

then Doc came to visit over Christmas.  i happened to mention the title of North & South and Doc told me how she saw it with a friend and loved it.  i trust Doc's opinion so quickly moved North & South to the top of my Netflix list.  it arrived on a Friday and i sat on my couch for four hours devouring the show.  i HIGHLY recommend this movie if you enjoy the costume period dramas and a good looking leading man...thank you Richard Armitage.  :)

a trailer made to whet your whistle:

3 comments:

Connie said...

This lookslike a good momvie. Why have I never heard of it before? Is it BBC? I need more info.

Scoresbys said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I trust your opinion!

Rachael said...

Thanks for the recommendation! I checked it out from the library, and LOVED it! I LOVED it so much, actually, that I bought myself a copy the very next day. So swoon-worthy!