Wednesday, February 04, 2009

the DVD experiment

i have a plethora of DVDs. some were purchased and are yet to be viewed (i.e. We Are Marshall, Star Wars 3, Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade...) my sojourns to Best Buy almost always result in a new DVD to add to the collection. one day while i was broken, i decided to entertain myself by "logging" my DVDs. so i set up a spreadsheet with the title of the DVD, lead actor and actress and genre. if you come to visit and are in the mood to watch something dramatic, classic, romantic, action or musical, then i have the tools to quickly give you options from my DVD collection.

i'm realizing that i don't spend enough time with the DVDs that i already own. lately i have contemplated how long it would take me to view all of my DVDs consecutively. to find the answer, i've decided to conduct a little experiment...
i will watch, in alphabetical order, at least 2 DVDs a week (Sun - Sat) to determine the length of time in days necessary to watch all of them. any TV series i own must be watched in it's entirety. (gilmore girls is going to kill me since i have ALL SEVEN seasons.) i am not allowed to give away any DVDs during this time and must collect all DVDs that are currently loaned out to friends.
at the end of my experiment (probably 2011) i will report my findings. wish me luck.
this lovely experiment will not prohibit me from purchasing additional DVDs. they will just go to the end of the line if i have already passed their letter. oh the good times to be had.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Good luck! We might have to do the same experiment sometime with our collection.