Friday, May 22, 2009

a "wicked" lottery UPDATE

a quick update on a previous post where i mentioned my burning desire to beat the wicked ticket lottery...not because i really want to see the show, but because i wanted to prove that i'm a "winner"

so here comes the update - last night my good friend claire came to the city for a quick evening. i mentioned that we should try the lottery because i haven't been in the last couple of weeks. we walked over there with enough time to write our names on the green index cards and hand them over to the constantly wearing sunglasses man and then stepped outside to await our fate. on the walk to the theater i told claire she should come up with a plan B for our evening activity since i had yet to win the lottery. she said and i quote "no, we're going to win this time."

apparently having faith in your luck and acknowledging it out loud proves to be a lucky combination. claire's name was called FIRST as a winner! congrats claire! thanks for letting me be your +1 to see the show.

claire's win does not mean that my lottery quest is over. i still have yet to hear my name called as one who has earned the right to wear the "winner" button with pride. i think that after my win occurs that i should get the backstage tour for free. i mean i've always wondered how exactly they are able to pull this off:

3 comments:

claire said...

it was great! and i loved getting to share in that special moment with you! nothing makes my heart happier!

MATTY! said...

OH MY GOSH! This happened with Claire AND MEGAN?! YOUR FRIENDS ARE SO LUCKY!

Mrs. Walker said...

I was a Wicked Lottery "Winner" right before I moved from the city. My Mom was my plus 1. I must say... it was a great feeling.
Keep trying. - LisaArc...