Wednesday, September 09, 2009

selling US Open tickets

i decided to sell my mens semifinal "Super Saturday" US Open tickets this year. those matches are some of the hottest tickets for the Open every year.

last night put my tickets up for sale on craigslist. after posting my ad i received about 10 inquiries within the first 5 minutes. had no idea i could sell my tickets so quickly but then realized that i had priced my tickets way below market. i only priced the tickets for about $15 higher than what i paid. i didn't look to the going rate of others who were trying to sell the tickets on craigslist or stub hub. not the smartest move i've ever made.

hope the people i sold the tickets to have a great time. can't wait until 2010 when joani and i will attend lots and lots of matches. start saving your pennies joani!

1 comment:

Rahni said...

Melanie, WHY??? Such a fun time missed! Well, I'm sure there must be a good excuse. I laughed when my mom told me that a Russian player shouted, "I hate this crowd!" after her match. Hello? Not the thing to say in front of New York's finest fans!