Saturday, December 05, 2009

a little something with balloons

this year i went to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. the reason i chose 2009 for my attendance was simply the warm temperatures. i don't do well in cold and this year our forecast was for a lovely mid 50 degree temperature.

netter, netter's sis and i got up early and headed to the west side to join the crowds at 73rd and central park west. thankfully i'm tall so was able to see quite clearly from our spot about 15 people deep. i must say that i became almost giddy when i knew santa clause was coming down the street.

my goal is to try to check off all of the things that the rest of the world considers "essential new york". the thanksgiving day parade is definitely high on that list.

it was a lot of fun and made me grateful for comfortable shoes and knee injections from my orthopedist.




Up, up and away!


Santa finally came! It was so exciting!


I love leaves!

1 comment:

Shelly! said...

I love the picture with you in the leaves! Love it! Would love to see the Macy's Day parade one year...