Thursday, January 27, 2011

business pinky always wins

i think i'm quite good at my job.  my personality, skills, organization and overall work ethic make me a good employee who loves to complete a task so that i can highlight it off my "to do" list.  for some reason using a highlighter equals a great sense of accomplishment. 

i've learned recently that business pinky generally always wins...meaning it is very hard for me to turn off my practicality, motivation and organization when in situations, conversations and social environments.  my life outside of the walls of my rockefeller center office runs pretty much the same an my life within.  my expectation is that others should operate their lives like a business as well.  life just doesn't work that way.  i'm trying to be better at not going straight to aggrevated when things happen slower or more haphazard than i would enjoy.  it's a work in progress.

No comments: