Wednesday, July 27, 2011

the difficulty of a birthday plan

my birthday is on sunday.  woot woot.  i'm really excited to celebrate in the city with my homies.  obviously since it's my birthday my friends have deferred to me to plan the activities, eating locations, times to get out of bed, etc.  i'm struggling with deciding what to do, when to do it, what to eat, who to invite to participate and the hardest part of all, what i want for my birthday.

i've narrowed down the activities to a manicure/pedicure, lunch at the cheesecake factory, light shopping at target, going to a showing of crazy stupid love, sleeping in until at least 10:00am, viewing the cityscape at dusk at top of the rock, going to a stylist to get my hair washed and blown out, playing rock band and taking pictures while wandering through the park.  the food choices still alude me as well as what kind of cake i want my candles to sit upon. 

big lug asked me what i wanted for my birthday and i came up with a big fat nothin'.  in all honesty the things "i want" for my birthday are luxury items that no one is going to buy for me right now, including myself.  any takers to buy me any of the following:

clara chair from crate & barrel - $1,099

brighton queen bed from crate & barrel - $699.99

sharp aquos 46" LCD-LED 120 Hz HDTV at best buy - $1,079

mikimoto 16" strand with white gold - $2,600

bose surround sound system - $599

pretty sure i won't find any crate and barrel boxes or velvet jewelry cases heading my way and i'm perfectly content with that.  these are luxury items that i don't need but want.  therefore, i beseech all to believe me when i say i would love a heart felt card, picture of you emailed to me, a phone call or facebook post for my birthday. 

i will just work hard and save so that hopefully by my next birthday one of the above will be in my possession.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

The plans sound fun -- can I come too? =)

Laura said...

I'll get the pearls. Might take me SEVERAL years, but if I start saving now......