Wednesday, January 25, 2012

eating mcdonald's for lunch

there isn't much to report in the life of pinky mcg recently.  i've been really sick for the last 5 days which means my brain hasn't been working to its fullest capacity.  instead my life has revolved around cold medicine, cough drops, fruit popsicles and blowing my nose.  i really hate being sick primarily because there isn't anyone around to hear me whine.  all adult sophistication is thrown out the window when i'm sick.  i'm allowed to be crabby, demanding and a big old whiner.  only problem is that no one is around to cater to me when i'm sick.  instead i have to take care of myself.  buy medicine by myself.  get myself to the doctor by myself.  administer a thermometer by myself.  etc. etc. 

today i went to the doctor who gave me the magic z-pak and cough medicine.  then i went into work.  and now i'm eating a cheeseburger from mcdonald's because my assistant so graciously offered to pick up lunch for me.  finally someone to cater to my illness demands.  sometimes that's all it takes.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Sorry you were sick! having people around isn't always better....especially if you are the one who is supposed to take care of everyone else and keep things running.....It just stinks being sick regardless.

Johnson Family said...

Bummer! But now you are back to work and cheeseburgers, so all will be well in the end.
It's kind of ironic, because when I am sick, I just want to be left alone.
Now Morgan on the other hand, wants to be on the couch, moaning really loud and treated like a poor king with the flu! he he he