Saturday, January 07, 2012

sometimes you just have to ask

i mentioned in my it's january post that i have serious steam flowing from both of my radiators  the condensation it has been creating has turned into a sheet of ice because of the freezing temperatures.  on wednesday morning i had enough because i literally slept in a ball to try to stay warm all night.  finally decided enough was enough so i emailed my apartment building super.  he came over around 8pm to take a look at the issue.  saw the problem.  pulled out some pliers.  adjusted the levers on each radiator.  steam stopped but heat continued. 

this little moment of clarity taught me that it is always a good idea to ask.  as my grandma jewel taught me "all they/he/she can say is no".  thank you mr. super for coming quickly so i didn't have another freezing cold, sleeping in a ball, ice on my windows night.

No comments: