Wednesday, October 31, 2012

who's laughing now?

for my 30th birthday my mommy asked me what i would like as a gift.  as previously posted, i am a terrible person to shop for but for this momentous birthday i knew exactly what i wanted from my joani...a 72 hour emergency preparedness kit.  woo hoo - par-tay!  joani graciously purchased the requested 72 hour kit for me.
 
the box arrived at my office since it is easiest to ship everything to me via my office.  i of course waited until my birthday to actually open the box.  i opened it at the office and was really excited for my gift.  my excitement drooped a bit when my co-workers started walking by and noticing my glee at my new 72 hour kit.  as most would expect, they began to mock me mercilessly because of my desire for this type of gift on my 30th birthday.  they thought i missed a great opportunity to get something good but instead chose this ridiculous gift.  well i say to them, "who's laughing now?"
 
since my 72 hour kit arrived new york city has had two monstrous snow storms, an earthquake, a tropical storm and now a hurricane.  hmmm, seems like someone is prepared for these natural disasters and some others aren't.  and when i say "someone" i refer to myself.  apparently i am one of the 5 virgins who is ready to greet the bridegroom with oil in my lamp. 
 
thanks joani for my 72 hour kit that was packed and ready to go over the last two days.  i'm sure it made you feel calm knowing i had it as much as it made me happy to have it. 

No comments: