Thursday, November 15, 2012

me and my madison avenue

i ride a bus home each night.  the bus takes me up madison avenue from 50th street to 96th street.  i think i choose to take the bus home because i love looking in the windows of certain shops along madison avenue.  those certain shops include the following:

laduree macaroons @ 70th Street
graff diamonds @ 61st Street
christian louboutin @ 76th Street
dolce & gabbana @71st Street
whitney museum @ 75th Street
hermes @ 76th Street
crate & barrel @ 60th Street
vera wang @ 77th Street
valentino @ 65th Street
amsale @ 58th Street

but my absolute favorite store to look into its windows and dream belongs to carolina herrera on 75th Street.  the clothes in that store's windows beckon to me like no other.  they are so beautiful - like beacons of light in a dark and dreary world...ok, that might be a bit melodramatic.  i just love, love, love her clothes.  i could maybe only afford a belt with her name on it but a girl can dream.  so thank you carolina herrera and the other designers that broadcast their wares along madison avenue.  you make my commute home just a little bit brighter.

maybe one day i will have the courage to actually walk into one of the stores.  baby steps.

1 comment:

Laura said...

You're making me miss my bus rides home in NYC....better yet, the many times I decided to walk just to see more of those windows!