Friday, February 09, 2007

Ingenius Laundering

Doing laundry can be a chore since I live on the 5th floor of a walk-up building. Normally I bring the heavy bottle container of my favorite Tide liquid laundry detergent down all the stairs and down the street to the laundromat. Last night was laundry night and I realized my huge amounts of laundry would not allow me to also carry the detergent container. I had to come up with a solution of how to pack and carry liquid. Being the enterprising New Yorker that I am, I found and used an empty water bottle. The bottle had grooves on it so I could "measure" each of the three sets of detergent necessary for cleaning all of my dirty clothes and sheets. I have proof now that living in New York City makes you smarter...or at least willing to think outside the box when confronted with laundering issues.

No comments: