Tuesday, February 27, 2007

An Ironing Moment

I washed about every single piece of bedding and realized that they come out of the dryer very, very wrinkled. My numerous white collared shirts were also washed last night. About every single bedding article and shirt needed to be ironed. Normally I don't mind ironing but tonight something different happened. Today...it happened...I became my momma for a small moment in time. I placed the ironing board in front of the television, set the chair behind the ironing board and prepared to iron for about an hour while watching television. In a moment I flashed back to coming home to Joani watching "her soaps" and ironing shirt after shirt after shirt.

I must say that the joy of the ironing went away for just a moment when I realized the gargantuan amounts of collared shirts I own. I'm sure it will come back tomorrow when I attempt to iron my full bed duvet cover. At least it was fun to pretend I was my momma for an ironing moment.

1 comment:

Donetta said...

excellent photo. I'm glad that there are people in the world who enjoy ironing (most of the time...).