Sunday, February 11, 2007

The Connecticut Haircut

I needed a haircut. My beautiful strands had become overcome with split ends, uneven texture and bangs in the eyes. My good buddy Claire is my stylist of choice. She does an amazing job and generally allows me to pay her with food. When I realized the gravity of the hair situation I asked Claire how to do a "self-style". She gave me valuable advice but because of my hair vanity I opted to just patronize the local hair cutters at Hair Farfalle. Then brilliance struck when Claire and I determined that a quick day trip to Connecticut would mean I received a fantastic new do PLUS could hang out with Claire in suburbia for a day.

I took the train where Claire picked me up and we headed right to my favorite food joint in CT - Arbys. We grabbed some food and then headed back for the re-emergence of me from all my hair. After the cut was done it was time to get down to the business of shopping. We headed to the mall and then drove to Target. We got to Target at around 4:30pm and it was CLOSED! A Target closed in the middle of the day was a strange anamoly. Our curiousity prompted Claire to call Mrs. Employer to try and find details about the closure. We found out that the store was scheduled to re-open at around 6pm. To wait it out we went for dinner at Mr. & Mrs. Employer's restaurant "The Cookhouse". The food was fantastic. After dinner it was back to see if Target was open again and it was! After enjoying the Target walk-through we took our packages and headed back to repack and get me to the train station.

My time in Connecticut was a wonderful 11 hours long. The best thing was hanging out with Claire and getting my tresses back under control. Thank you Claire for a fun-filled day of beauty and spending money - my two favorite things.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my door is always open for my favorite new yorker!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Target was closed, I'm traumatized just thinking about it. So how much hair did you cut off?