Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Come On...

I succumbed to the after Thanksgiving shopping bonanza on Saturday. Dancing Queen and I "accidently" found ourselves in Banana Republic after a yummy brunch at Corner Cafe. I have been looking for a plain black cardigan sweater for quite some time and low and behold, the BR came through. I bought this very nice sweater for probably 300% above the cost to make said sweater.

On Sunday I wore it to Church, yesterday I had it on for all of an hour and then this morning I layerd it on to complete my ensemble. While talking to my receptionist this morning the third button fell off. I probably buttoned that button a total of ONCE since I bought the thing on Saturday.

It really irked me that I spent hard earned money to buy a sweater and it falls apart after the third wearing of more than an hour. I just don't get it. But I will continue to patronize that stupid store because frankly there is one on just about every corner of the Manhattan universe. At least I go into Banana knowing what I'm getting so my ability to complain about it later is drastically reduced.

Stupid button on stupid (but necessary) overpriced sweater! Errrr!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe the little sweat shop fingers can't even sew on a button correctly, they should go back to growing cocaine;) Take it back with the receipt and get a new one, tug on the buttons too.

Anonymous said...

My mother used to work in a sweat shop here in the US. She would take a 12" in stack of sweater material and cut out the neck and sleeve sections with a spinning circular razor. She told me that many times she would finish a few stacks and affix a routing slip on them that said Liz Claibore or some other high fashion name. One minute later she would get a new stack same exact material, same exact cut) and the routing slip would say JC Penny. That sweater you bought probably has an identical twin on a rack in Macy's or Lord and Taylor for 60% cheaper.

Buy the product...not the name (a lesson my wife should learn).