Friday, November 09, 2007

Silver Medallion

I love traveling to fun and foreign lands. This year I have made treks to Italy, California, Indiana and a couple of times to Utah. All of these trips have banked over 23,000 miles in my Delta SkyMiles bank. In order to get the perks of Delta flying you have to accumulate 25,000 Medallion miles. I'm only 1700 miles away from the perks of complimentary 1st class upgrades, 125% bonus miles and pre-boarding.

Are the perks worth planning a random trip to earn those ellusive 1700 miles? YES!

Based on the number of times I will be flying next year, it made sense to me to book a quick weekend trip to obtain those pesky last few miles to gain Silver Medallion status. Therefore...I'm heading to Florida for a weekend in December! As luck would have it I'm heading to Orlando where Jimmy Eat World just happens to be performing at the House of Blues. And the venue for their show happens to be across the street from a Cheesecake Factory. I don't think anything could have worked out more wonderfully.

The conclusion to this little dilemma is that I get Silver Medallion perks for all of 2008, will rock out (again) to Jimmy, eat some more yummy Cheesecake Factory grub and enjoy my first sojourn to Florida. Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday to me!

No comments: