Sunday, April 27, 2008

Journey of the Ankle

It has been a long journey from February 9th to today.  My broken ankle caused enormous amounts of pain and aggravation but it also taught me something.  To sound somewhat "deep", I learned something from the whole experience.  Actually I have learned many things...
  • My friends completely stepped up to take care of me
  • It is okay to be sad and upset
  • A DVD collection full of chick flicks can be the best medicine
  • Staring at the same four walls makes me want to redecorate
  • Although it's hard to be away from my family, I know their prayers helped me
  • Books are a wonderful escape from the pain
  • The ability to breathe fresh air and be outside is one of the most wonderful blessings
Most of all I am so thankful for my life here in New York City and my faith.  I know that I am supposed to be far from my family to build a home here.  When road blocks come into life it is by faith and trust that I am able to get through the struggle.  I believe that each experience of my life, whether easy or hard, will teach me something and I trust in those lessons to help me become a better person.

No comments: