Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Riding the Bus

No more cabbing daily for me!  It was sucking the money right out of me so yesterday I bought my first monthly MetroCard to ride the bus to and from work.  The thing I noticed is that people aren't as willing to give up the hard fought seats.  

Today I waited forever for a crosstown bus and then when I finally got on the bus no one opted to give up their seat even though I clearly was struggling with the crutch.  At the next stop two people left the disability/wheelchair seats and the man standing right in front of me took over BOTH seats.  I was completely irritated.  

Needless it didn't start off my day right.  

Luckily on the bus ride home a very nice young woman gave up her seat on a very cramped bus.  Thank you to the person who gave up your seat and had to scrunch up next to me.  I really appreciate it.

I definitely will give up my seat next time I see a person with any kind of crutch, cane, stroller, or pregnant belly.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the OLED, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://oled-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.