Friday, March 20, 2009

the "should be" list

i know i have a blessed life. each and every day i get to choose how to spend my time (except for occasionally at work). that agency is such a powerful tool. lately i've been evaluating how i use that gift of time. i don't think i'm doing anything wrong by my obsession with the Wicked lottery, Blu-ray shopping or Rock Band 2 playing; but a little self-evaluation is not such a bad thing.

i've come up with a list of "should be doing with my time" and would like your input on what item i should incorporate into my life first:
  • Daily prayers & scripture study
  • Go to the gym 4x week
  • Eat at least one fruit and one vegetable serving daily
  • Write in my journal at least once a week
  • Attend the temple at least once a month
  • Learn a new skill - you choose from dance (jazz or hip hop class), photography, watercolor or oil painting, guitar lessons, knitting/crocheting or cooking
  • Finding community service opportunities & then committing to one
  • Write in option: ________________________________________
you now have the power to determine the first thing that i commit to spending my precious time on rather than watching America's Next Top Model marathons on WE channel. please choose wisely.

2 comments:

Connie said...

I vote for crocheting. My mom just taught me before Christmas and I am now obsessed. It's great because i don't feel like I'm just sitting watching a movie or tv, i feel like I'm accomplishing something at the same time.

My World said...

My vote on how to spend your time would be to start planning another trip to AZ. I think that is a very worthy time occupier. :)

If that doesn't do, I like the idea of learning a new skill. I've always wanted to take up archery. However, I don't know how many places there are in Manhattan to satisfy that urge without killing someone. That is not a good activity.