Tuesday, March 03, 2009

leaving on a jet plane...

it has been five years since my inaugural journey across the ocean to Europe. in those years i have visited and seen some amazing cities, countryside, and people. i told myself this year that i wouldn't plan a trip to Europe because of my mantra to be "fiscally responsible".

that decision went out the window a couple of fridays ago when i was searching on my travel agency website for prices on my 2010 trip to Greece. i came across a trip to Prague that they categorized as a "Luxury" vacation. the hotel in Prague was the Intercontinental, a beautiful 5 star hotel centrally located. cost for flights and 4 nights at the Intercontinental were DIRT CHEAP. now i just needed to convince someone to go with me. in my stealth way, i sent an email to Netter to show her the goodness that i had found. luckily she was game to spend time in the Czech Republic with her "use them or lose them" vacation days. we are heading back to Prague at the end of March after a 3 year absence. plan to enjoy great restaurants, culture and see things we didn't have time for in our first trip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a city and country you've got me beat on :) Have a fun and safe trip my traveling sister!