Wednesday, February 10, 2010

a little something a friend has taught me

my brother big lug dated a girl from our rival high school when i was a junior and he was a senior. at first i wasn't sure how i felt about her because as has been previously mentioned by me in this blog, i was quite a brat when it came to people trying to break the inner circle of my family unit. the funny thing about the situation is that christa and i became great friends after my brother and she broke up.

christa and i went to magic mountain in LA together (along with joani g), worked together for the summer, took a little trip to flagstaff for the weekend where christa brought a soccer ball...still not sure why, had countless trips to cold stone creamery & the movie theater, and just enjoyed being great friends in the valley of the sun.

after college, christa and i lost contact. she got married and started her family and i started my long term relationship with new york city. thankfully facebook and blogs saved the day. she found me and it has been so fantastic to reconnect!

christa is a true warrior of faith and i'm very thankful for her living reminder that we are each so blessed with gifts and talents that it is our responsibility to share. if you need a witty and inspirational read, please check out her blog Christa's Crusade.

1 comment:

Johnson Family said...

oh melanie! How sweet you are!! I am finally feeling well enough to attack my laptop again!! Loved the blog!! It made me happy on so many levels!!!
I love ya and someday I will whip this silly cancer and make it out to see you in the big city!
Love ya,
Christa