Saturday, May 14, 2011

the intelligence of an almost 5 year old

it's no question that i am rapturously in love with my nephews and nieces.  they are some of my favorite people in the world.  always very happy to be auntie pinky.  it was with great joy when my sister in law sunshine texted me this past week.

she let me know that her oldest son, the soon to be five year old blake, had told her sister (his aunt also) that i was his favorite aunt.  that's right...i was the favorite auntie.  woo hoo!  of course i made a point to have sunshine point out this little conversation to my sister moocher.  i'm such a kind and generous soul...

thank you blake for speaking honestly and from the heart that i am your favorite aunt.  all of your aunts love you and want you to be ecstatically happy.

think our close relationship was solidified when coyote picked me up from the airport with a 3 year old blake who pulled out of his arms and ran to me to pick him up as i got off the escalator.  wrapped me around his little finger at that moment.

1 comment:

Johnson Family said...

An Aunt's favorite moment!!!!! And thanks for the movie reviews. I was wondering about all three of those movies. I still want to see Soul Surfer though!