Tuesday, May 31, 2011

it's all about priorities and perspective

while waiting for my name to be called at the lovely allergists office i pulled out my iPad to read.  when the nurse called my name i had the iPad in my hands as i walked up to her.  her eyes fixated on the pretty pink cover and electronic marvel of my iPad.  she asked me to open it so she could see it.  since i am a shallow person and love compliments about my hair, shoes, jewelry, or electronic toys i was happy to oblige.  i even let her hold it. 

she told me how she really wants one but can't justify spending the money.  i totally sympathized.  especially after just having my personal realization #3.  as i was sitting down to get my first round of shots she proceeded to tell me that she couldn't spend the money because she had just purchased a pair of christian louboutin shoes that cost $2,000!  i tried to contain my astonishment and asked if she had a special occassion for the shoe purchase.  she told me that she wanted them and it was her birthday.  she hasn't even worn the shoes outside just slept in them.

i try not to judge or compare other's decisions to myself but when i heard about the $2,000 shoes that aren't to be worn i started to feel a bit better about my financial choices.  it is all about priorities and perspective. 

a couple of examples of christian louboutin $2,000 shoes are below.  still think my $300 iPad was a better purchase, but to each his/her own.

$1,995 at Barney's

$3,095 at Barney's

1 comment:

Johnson Family said...

great perspective. I think your purchase is totally reasonable. I have a new Kindle that I love, so I understand. Except I stepped on it in the middle of the night and now it is broken..... So maybe I should have just "slept in my shoes" instead. he he
Love ya, Christa