Monday, October 17, 2011

heading on a jet plane

london here i come!  t-minus eight hours until my plane takes off for the land of the brits.  i'm very excited. 

last night i prepped my ipad and iphone for the journeying.  made the decision to include entertainment that was written, sung, set or performed by the natives.  my ipad only has british movies on it currently.  i filled it up with my jane austen fix of persuasion, pride & prejudice as well as jane eyre, the king's speech, les miserables 25th anniversary concert (which is technically french but produced by a brit so it's allowed).  the fabulous miniseries of north & south along with little known movies like the duchess and young victoria.  have grand plans for adele, snow patrol, coldplay and keane to sing to me.  my plan is to do as much british immersion as possible and watching and listening to these british artists starts the trip off right. 

i must confess that my boyfriend dwayne johnson's movie fast five also made its way onto the ipad.  so for my purposes, dwayne is an honorary british citizen.

i'm hoping to share pictures as often as i can while trapsing the tube stations, harrod aisles and roman baths.  until next time, cheerio govenor!

No comments: