Wednesday, March 07, 2012

whitney houston welcomes me home

i was a relatively big whitney houston fan as a youth.  i mean i chose to do a music video to who song "how will i know" as a strapping 10 year old.



in her later years i just kind of felt bad that she wasn't able to continue her string of hits due to personal choices.  when i heard of her death at such a young age it shocked me but didn't shock me.  she was incredibly talented and losing the opportunity to hear what she might have shared with the world is sad.

for some reason, i found myself viewing the bodyguard on the lifetime movie network late afternoon one saturday afternoon.  the scene where her character comes on screen singing "i have nothing" literally made me stop whatever web surfing, picking up clutter or grabbing something eat or drink that i was doing.  i sat on my ottoman close to the TV and watched her sing this song.



for the last week or so i have come home from work and played "i have nothing" really loudly in my bedroom while changing out of work clothes.  i literally lipsync the words trying to embrace all of the angst, emotion and desperation she projects.  it's like whitney is welcoming me home by reminding me that i have nothing without the blessings of family and friends in my life.

2 comments:

Aly said...

You are so HOT!! What a star. Mom and I watched it together :)

Donetta said...

Need to be added to the list for Karaoke, yes?