Wednesday, March 07, 2012

where my commute time goes to die...

my laziness in the morning has necessitated taking the subway to work.  for the last month or so, almost every single ride on the downtown 6 train has encountered a very long stop at the 59th street station or a stop between the 59th street and 51st street station.  there is something about the 59th street station that causes any extra minutes i have on my morning commute to evaporate like my breath in the cold air.  i don't think it would bug me if i didn't exit the train at 51st street, which is the very next stop after 59th. 

this time sucking station is causing me to attempt, with all that i am and have, to get up a little bit earlier so that i can take the limited M1, M2 or M4 down fifth avenue instead.  enough of wasting valuable minutes of my life stuck underground at 59th and lexington.  if i'm going to be stuck somewhere i would prefer it to be above ground with the picturesque central park out the window.

No comments: