Friday, March 02, 2012

15 minutes a day to take a photo

my time spent with my camera has been severly limited due to the dark day goal.  i miss it.  i miss photographing this great city.  i miss looking through the lens to find something worthy of capturing and keeping on my external hard drive.  i just miss being creative and taking time for looking at the beauty all around me.  that is about to change in a small way.

this awesome woman in australia, who has a blog, came up with the photo a day challenge.  each day of the month she has declared a subject to photograph.  some of the items are mundane or obscure.  others are specific but very open to interpretation.  i think it's a brilliant way to take about 15 minutes of your day to have a word or phrase in mind and figure out what it means to you and how you can represent it through a photograph.  i am having so much fun just taking at least one picture a day to keep those creative juices flowing.  you can see my #marchphotoaday pics via my twitter feed located to the left.


and thank goodness for a great camera on my iPhone.

No comments: