Monday, September 17, 2012

devotion to a friend

this year's U.S. Open has been one of the best i can remember.  i got to go three different times.  the tornado that causesd the 2nd men's semifinal to be postponed so i couldn't go on sunday didn't even dampen my spirits because it meant that i could buy a ticket for the men's final that would now take place on monday.  as i went to my trusty friendly website stubhub looking for my ticket i got a text message from my bff 4-eva clare.  she was coming to new york and would need to slightly change her plans to include a sleepover on monday night.  my dream to attend the men's final and potentially see andy murray win his first grand slam title were now replaced with excitement to hang with clare.  but if ever there was an example of my devotion to a friend it was the night i chose to spend time with her over watching amazing tennis produced by mr. andy murray and mr. novak djokovic.
 
and thank goodness for the us open app on my iPhone that allowed me to check the score every 5-7 minutes.  i'm sure clare didn't mind that my mood would swing depending on what i found on that app.  that evening did teach her that she never wants to go to a live sporting event with me.   like never.
 
congrats to andy murray.  well deserved and i hope the beginning of many more to come.
 

 
 

No comments: