Friday, January 19, 2007

Falling from the Sky

When I walked out the door of my apartment building this morning I noticed something falling from the sky. It was white, fluffy and seemed to be floating down to the ground where it disintigrated into liquid. Finally I was able to remember what this falling stuff was once I reached the train station...it was snow. You must forgive my lapse in memory since it has been close to a year since I have seen the stuff in New York City.

New York is a beautiful place all the time but there is something about a light dusting of white on the sidewalks and snow flurries floating down that give the city a sense of calm and renewal. I was somewhat saddened that my trek from apartment to train is short because I was reveling in the city's snow beauty. I guess if I ever find myself saddened about missing snow I can always dredge up the memories of living through the #1 and #4 worst snowstorms in New York City history. If you combine the snowfalls of those two storms it would total 52.3" or over 4' of snow. Now that's a lot of snow!

No comments: