Monday, January 29, 2007

The Dirty Look

On the train this morning two people who were sitting down got up and exited the train. Two women standing next to me immediately sat down in the empty seats. They were quite comfortable but each smaller than their predecessor which left some room on the seat. At the next station a woman manuevered her way to the empty space and smushed herself in the available space. I watched the woman seated next to the smusher give her the dirtiest look I have seen in a long time. For some strange reason the whole episode was a great way to start my day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got a crusty look today for jwalking. And just why would i wait for a walk sign when there wasn't any traffic on the street? I gave them my best NYC dirty look back. You would have been proud.